Independent Informal Resolution Facilitators
working with parties to find a resolution
Title IX Solutions provides institutions with trained, unbiased, and independent informal resolution facilitators.
Career mediators and arbitrators, our informal resolution facilitators work with the involved parties in every case to establish trust by listening to the parties’ needs, propose various resolution options, and ultimately aim to reach an agreeable solution.
Forms of informal resolution, also referred to as “alternative dispute resolution,” may include:
- Restorative Justice; and
- Other informal resolution options.
Meet our Informal Resolution Facilitators.
Informal Resolution Facilitation services
Title IX Solutions has created a comprehensive and collaborative two-phase program for colleges and universities to better ensure compliance with the Title IX regulations.
Phase One may also preface decision-making services.
Already comfortable with your policy and training? Contact us for your Phase Two needs.
Phase One: Title IX Compliance Program (optional)
- Review of institution’s Title IX policy to ensure compliance with federal and state laws;
- Onboarding call between your institution’s Title IX team & Title IX Solutions informal resolution facilitators, who will explain their approach to mediation, arbitration, and restorative justice; and
- 3-hour training of your choice: select from various training program options such as Foundations of the 2020 Final Title IX Rule, Preparation for First Responders, Title IX Investigation Procedures, and more.
- Access to Title IX Solutions Decision-Making Services.
Phase Two: Informal Resolution Facilitation Services (Mediation, Arbitration & Restorative Justice)
- Unlimited access to our pool of informal resolution facilitators, who will be assigned to your campus as Title IX complaints are filed.
- Our informal resolution facilitator(s) will provide the following services to prepare for, conduct, and finalize the informal resolution process:
- Provide the institution with informal resolution consent waiver
- Initial caucus with each party
- Joint sessions (optional)
- Meet and greet; or
- Description of complaint/defenses
- Opportunity for apology and/or acknowledgement
- Shuttle diplomacy
- If resolved, draft and issue the Informal Resolution Settlement Agreement (i.e. Mediated Settlement Agreement)